Monday 10 November 2008

Some more Finished Objects

Life has been going on as usual, with lesser time for blogging and more time for more priorities right after moving - unpacking slowly, settling in the new home while running daily chores as usual between home and office. Well, yeah it does take time especially when I am only 8 weeks far from my due date. That is how there have not been any pics of me wearing my FOs for quite some time. I wanted to change that with this post however, haven't been able to unpack my stuff yet. So I guess have to do with these for the time being.

This is a basic Granny Square Blanket that I made for my baby to come with some yarn I had in my stash. (Some might remember the Star Afghan that I made for Liliana with the same yarn.)

Yarn: Bernat Softee Baby Solids and Marls
5 skiens Baby Denim Marl 30300
4 skiens White Blanc 0200
Start Date: 23 September 2008 late evening.
Finish Date: 28 October 2008 late evening.
Finished Size: 48" x 48" (inches)
Notes: The project took this long since it was being worked on whilst our move to California. The movers took over 3 weeks to deliver our stuff so I could only dream of working on this meanwhile.
The entire blanket is made with yarn held doubled.

The second project I finished, and my first one after moving to California is this.

Front View
Back View
Pattern Source: Sweaterbabe's Fabulous Flirty Crochet
Yarn: 2 skeins Caron Simply Soft Heather - Autumn Heather 9501
A little Bit of Caron Simply Soft Brites - Blue Mint 9608
Start Date: 30 October 2008 late evening.
Finish Date: 6 November 2008 late evening.
Finished Size: Medium
Notes: This was a very fast project, However I took some time since I was trying out different ways of attaching the strap to the body. For instance the cross back style below. However, I finally decided to go the normal way after a bit of modification. The original strap length was too long and made the tank go very deep, so I just shortened 10 chains on the base chain of each strap and then continued on with the finishing. Also I did not make the upper body in the second color as in the pattern. I just introduced a row of Blue to enhance the waist point. I think overall, the changes were pretty successful and I am very happy with the same.

Hopefully by next time I would have some great pictures of my third FO.