Wednesday 9 November 2011

In Sewing Land - 1

I have been very into sewing off late since I bought my sewing machine at the creative sewing festival. I got a great deal for the machine as well. At least I think I did ;)

But since I want to refresh my sewing skills, I have been recycling fabric. I have set aside an old curtain, a bed linen and a table cloth for my initial projects. Although I did have to buy waterproof material for my lining.

First project - Reversible box bag



This is not just a basic box bag, it is a completely reversible one. I used the same curtain fabric for both outside and inside and used an interfacing between them so that the box holds its shape. However, the box bit was too fidly. I have since come up with an easier way of doing the same bit.

------------------------------------------------------ © YARNSIDE

No comments:

Post a Comment